Thousands of rabbis gather in Brooklyn to foster Jewish pride, tackle anti-SemitismPosted: Updated:
Thousands of rabbis got together for a group photo in front of Chabad-Lubavitch world headquarters in Crown Heights Sunday.
They are part of the 4,900 rabbis from around the world who came to Brooklyn for the International Conference of Chabad-Lubavitch emissaries.
News 12 was told this year's event also marked the 25th year since the leader of the movement passed away.
The event aims to foster Jewish pride and tackle anti-Semitism.
- A Brooklyn priest has died due to complications from the coronavrus, according to the Brooklyn Diocese.
- Detective Dixon was 48 years old and News 12 is told that he worked in the 32nd Precinct in Harlem. He died at a Bronx hospital.
- Pregnant women in New York will not have to endure labor alone.Pregnant women in New York will not have to endure labor alone.
- Taco Bell will be handing out free tacos Tuesday as a way to thank people for showing up for their communities amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Millions of Americans could be infected by the coronavirus and 100,000 to 200,000 could die, the U.S. government's top infectious-disease expert warned Sunday.Millions of Americans could be infected by the coronavirus and 100,000 to 200,000 could die, the U.S. government's top infectious-disease expert warned Sunday.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.