Police: 10 people injured in 3 shootings across the Bronx before ThanksgivingPosted: Updated:
Ten people were injured this Thanksgiving in three separate shooting incidents during the span of eight hours across the Bronx.
Police say three men were shot around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday following an argument with two other men on Simpson Street and Westchester Avenue in Longwood. News 12 was told that one man was taken into police custody and charges were pending, while the second suspect remained on the loose. Police say the victims are all listed in stable condition.
Police are also investigating another multiple shooting Wednesday afternoon in Melrose. Video shows the moments a gunman opened fire on a crowded street and people running away as the shots were fired. Police released a photo of the three men who they are calling persons of interest. The shooting sent five people to the hospital, including a 10-year-old boy. The chaotic scene left police and first responders searching the streets for the shooter on East 153rd Street and Courtlandt Avenue.
One employee in the area says he opened the doors to their liquor store after people started running in for cover. He said three of the five victims sought shelter inside as they waited for police.
The third shooting took place in Pelham Bay Wednesday afternoon. News 12 was told two people were sitting in a car near Ericson Place and Edwards Street when they were hit. One of them was grazed in the head and another in the shoulder.
All of the victims in these three separate shootings have been listed in stable condition.
- A man is facing a slew of charges after assaulting a police officer in the Bronx.A man is facing a slew of charges after assaulting a police officer in the Bronx.
- Police say a 22-year-old Bronx man was found dead inside his home in what his stepfather described as a gruesome scene Monday morning.Police say a 22-year-old Bronx man was found dead inside his home in what his stepfather described as a gruesome scene Monday morning.
- A deadly stabbing on board a Brooklyn J train is under investigation.A deadly stabbing on board a Brooklyn J train is under investigation.
- Police say four people were shot in Brownsville early Sunday morning.Police say four people were shot in Brownsville early Sunday morning.
- Police are searching for multiple men in connection to a robbery at a jewelry store in the Bronx.Police are searching for multiple men in connection to a robbery at a jewelry store in the Bronx.
- Palliative medical care is now limited as providers are deployed to other areas due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- More than 11,700 members of Local 101 Transport Workers Union are out addressing natural gas needs during the pandemic.
- A Greenpoint man might have won the best dad award during the coronavirus quarantine after he made one of his son’s favorite toys fly over Brooklyn.
- The Brooklyn Public Library is offering free virtual yoga classes for toddlers to stay active while they’re home from day care and other programs due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Orchard Beach in the Bronx is now adjusting the hours for its parking lot in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.