NYPD: Uber driver threatened by man with gun in Bedford ParkPosted: Updated:
Police say a 37-year-old Uber driver was threatened by a man with a gun in Bedford Park Saturday.
A video shows the man taking a gun out of his jacket and pointing it at the driver around 3:30 p.m. in front of an apartment building on Briggs Avenue.
Authorities have identified the suspect as 30-year-old Michael Andrews. They say the gun was taken out following a heated argument.
Officials say Andrews threatened to shoot the driver, then got out of the car and ran away.
The driver was not harmed during the incident.
The Taxi and Limousine Commission responded to the incident in a statement saying, "We are grateful that the driver wasn't injured and that the NYPD have already identified a suspect. We have every confidence that the NYPD will have this individual in custody soon and stand ready to assist the investigation in any way necessary."
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
- Police in Borough Park, Brooklyn are searching for a man who sprayed another man in the face and shoved him to the ground.
- Police are searching for a man they say impersonated an MTA worker.Police are searching for a man they say impersonated an MTA worker.
- Thirty years ago Wednesday, a Bronx club was set on fire by an arsonist. The fire killed 87 people.Thirty years ago Wednesday, a Bronx club was set on fire by an arsonist. The fire killed 87 people.
- Police say a 34-year-old man was severely slashed in the face Tuesday in the Fordham section of the Bronx.
- Police are searching for a man wanted in connection to an attempted robbery at the Fordham Road subway station.
- Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.
- A Brooklyn priest has died due to complications from the coronavrus, according to the Brooklyn Diocese.
- Detective Dixon was 48 years old and News 12 is told that he worked in the 32nd Precinct in Harlem. He died at a Bronx hospital.
- Pregnant women in New York will not have to endure labor alone.Pregnant women in New York will not have to endure labor alone.
- Taco Bell will be handing out free tacos Tuesday as a way to thank people for showing up for their communities amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.