Police: 1 dead, 1 injured after fight over woman in LongwoodPosted: Updated:
Police say a 19-year-old male died in Longwood Sunday after an apparent argument over a female.
They say the fight took place outside of what they believed to be the girl's apartment building, located on Simpson Street.
Officials say the teen who died is the ex-boyfriend of the girl.
Police say they responded to a report of someone assaulted with a knife in front of 985 Simpson St. around 6 a.m. Sunday.
When they got there, they found the 19-year-old with stab wounds, and an 18-year-old with one stab wound in his stomach.
EMS took both teens to NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln where the 19-year-old was pronounced dead. The 18-year-old, who is said to be the current boyfriend, is expected to be OK.
No arrests have been made yet, and the investigation was ongoing.
- Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.Cuomo says the death toll in New York state from COVID-19 is at 965.
- A Brooklyn priest has died due to complications from the coronavrus, according to the Brooklyn Diocese.
- Detective Dixon was 48 years old and News 12 is told that he worked in the 32nd Precinct in Harlem. He died at a Bronx hospital.
- Pregnant women in New York will not have to endure labor alone.Pregnant women in New York will not have to endure labor alone.
- Taco Bell will be handing out free tacos Tuesday as a way to thank people for showing up for their communities amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.