Police release photo of suspect in Boston Road Family Dollar robberyPosted: Updated:
Police are on the hunt for a woman wanted in a violent robbery on Boston Road.
The incident unfolded at a Family Dollar store last month, and authorities say the suspect is still on the loose. Police released video showing the person they want to speak with.
On Nov. 20 around 7:30 p.m., police say a 23-year-old female employee noticed a woman trying to steal laundry detergent. When she tried to stop the theft, police say the suspect sprayed her in the face with an unknown substance.
The mystery spray caused redness and irritation, but the employee is OK and refused medical attention when police arrived.
The suspect subsequently took off and hasn't been seen since.
Anyone who recognizes the woman in the photo or may have information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
- A man is facing a slew of charges after assaulting a police officer in the Bronx.A man is facing a slew of charges after assaulting a police officer in the Bronx.
- Police say a 22-year-old Bronx man was found dead inside his home in what his stepfather described as a gruesome scene Monday morning.
- A deadly stabbing on board a Brooklyn J train is under investigation.A deadly stabbing on board a Brooklyn J train is under investigation.
- Police say four people were shot in Brownsville early Sunday morning.Police say four people were shot in Brownsville early Sunday morning.
- Police are searching for multiple men in connection to a robbery at a jewelry store in the Bronx.Police are searching for multiple men in connection to a robbery at a jewelry store in the Bronx.
- Palliative medical care is now limited as providers are deployed to other areas due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- More than 11,700 members of Local 101 Transport Workers Union are out addressing natural gas needs during the pandemic.
- A Greenpoint man might have won the best dad award during the coronavirus quarantine after he made one of his son’s favorite toys fly over Brooklyn.
- The Brooklyn Public Library is offering free virtual yoga classes for toddlers to stay active while they’re home from day care and other programs due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Orchard Beach in the Bronx is now adjusting the hours for its parking lot in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!