Vigil held for 2-year-old who died after choking on candy

Posted: Updated:

A vigil was held Sunday evening for a 2-year-old boy who died after choking on a piece of candy in September.

Friends and family members gathered at the Bronx Library Center for the candlelight vigil - the place where Marshall Forde was allegedly given the candy.

The boy's mother claims she hasn't seen surveillance video of the incident from inside the library, so she still doesn't know who gave her son that piece of candy.

The family says it wants employees of any institution catering to children to be required to know how to do CPR.

The family says they won't be able to have closure until they see the video and find out who gave the young boy that piece of candy.

 

 

 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."