• Coastal Flood STATEMENT in effect for:

  • Bronx, NY

FDNY: 8 hospitalized in carbon monoxide scare at Melrose church

Posted: Updated:

Authorities say eight people were hospitalized when crews responded to the scene of a carbon monoxide emergency in Melrose Sunday.

Con Edison says it happened on Third Avenue at a storefront church that was using space heaters.

News 12 is told there was also a broken water heater in the building's basement.

Fire officials say one person was treated at the scene and eight others were taken to New York City Health + Hospitals/Jacobi.

Con Edison says gas was shut down to the building as crews investigated.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."