Westchester Square couple: Leak from ceiling collapse is causing health concerns

Posted: Updated:

A Westchester Square couple says after a part of their ceiling collapsed in their apartment, they are dealing with a huge leaking issue that is causing health concerns.

John Sepulveda and his girlfriend say they spent their Christmas trying to save their apartment after the ceiling collapsed with non-stop leaking.

They claim every time the tenants upstairs shower or use the toilet, the water comes down into their apartment.

Sepulveda says his girlfriend, who is too embarrassed to go on camera, suffered an asthma attack after inhaling the smell of mold.

They say they bought endless amounts of baking soda and bleach to try to kill the smell, but nothing works.

"We lost all our paperwork, all our clothes," Sepulveda says.

They claim they've called the landlord numerous times and receive no help, which is why they're taking him to court this week.

"All I want him to do is take care of this. Don't ignore us. I mean, everybody should live like a human being," says Sepulveda.

News 12 reached out to the landlord for comment, but has not heard back yet.

 

 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."