Coastal Flood STATEMENT in effect for:
Co-op City signs sending drivers mixed signals on parkingPosted: Updated:
Some signs in Co-op City are sending mixed signals about where and when drivers can park, and it is costing Bronx residents in the area time and money.
Linda Armfield is on a mission to get answers. She says parking tickets are nothing new. "Within a five- to seven-year frame, I've accumulated tens of thousands of dollars in tickets, and I'm tired of it," says Armfield.
Armfield is speaking out against what she calls inconsistent and confusing signs posted on Donizetti Place - a block that is next to multiple schools, which seem to dictate who can park there and when.
The Department of Transportation says it is behind the signs that say "No standing between 7 and 4." They tell News 12 the ones that limit parking to faculty vehicles between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.--apply to an off-street DOE lot.
Also, the DOT has no jurisdiction over that area, even though its name is on the sign. "I've had communications from the school superintendent. I've gone to meetings with the 45th Precinct. I've met with the Department of Transportation's supervisor, Mr. Campbell, who validated that we were not supposed to get tickets here," says Armfield.
However, the tickets keep on coming, and Armfield keeps fighting them in court.
News 12 reached out to the DOE and the NYPD about their involvement in setting and enforcing the parking regulations. Police tell News 12 that they issue summons according to the signs that are posted.
The DOE tells News 12 it is working to get answers.
- Newly released body camera footage shows deadly police-involved shootingNewly released body camera footage shows deadly police-involved shooting
- Weekend traffic advisory for Jan. 25-Jan.26
- National Florida Day recognizes the 27th state to join the United States.National Florida Day recognizes the 27th state to join the United States.
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!