10 tips to celebrate Easter safely from home this year
With the increase in COVID-19 vaccinations across the nation, we might be closer to being able to celebrate holidays in-person with our families.
Until then, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says celebrating virtually or with the people you live with is the safest choice this Easter. If you do gather with people who don’t live with you, gatherings and activities held outdoors are safer than indoor gatherings.
Here are some tips to make Easter safer this year:
1. Host a virtual gathering with friends and family.
2. Decorate the inside and outside of your home for Easter. Here are some decoration ideas.
3. Prepare an Easter egg hunt and decorate eggs with the kids! Here are some ideas.
4. Drive or walk around your community to wave to neighbors from a safe distance.
5. Take food or gifts to family, friends, and neighbors in a way that does not involve contact with others, such as leaving them at the door.
6. Throw a virtual dance party and collaborate with friends and family on a playlist.
7. Celebrate outside with neighbors and friends.
8. Volunteer to help others in need.
9. Attend a virtual religious ceremony or celebration. Like last year, many churches will be offering Easter Mass virtually.
10. If you host or go to a backyard party, have conversations ahead of time to understand expectations for celebrating together.