Protests erupt outside court appearance for man accused of fatal Longwood bodega stabbing

The deli worker facing a second-degree murder charge after an aspiring music artist was stabbed on Oct. 24 will be in court for the second time today.

News 12 Staff

Oct 30, 2019, 10:09 AM

Updated 1,670 days ago

Share:

Protests erupted outside a scheduled court appearance for a bodega worker accused of stabbing a man to death last week.
As News 12 has reported, 26-year-old Ronny Torres is accused of stabbing 37-year-old Franki Williams to death on Oct. 24.
According to police, the argument started when Williams was accused of stealing a beer. However, friends questioned the claim, saying he regularly shopped at the bodega.
His appearance was waived Wednesday, but News 12 told his family needed protection leaving the Bronx Courthouse.
Officers told News 12 the bodega has not reopened since the incident. A local resident whose known Torres and his family says he had just graduated college and would help his family at the store.
Torres is facing a second-degree murder charge. His next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 13.


More from News 12