FDA: Avoid using Universal Meditech pregnancy, ovulation tests
A variety of products that test for pregnancy, ovulation, urinary tract infections and more, are being recalled.
The FDA says they might not be safe and effective, and should be thrown away.
Meanwhile, the manufacturer, Universal Meditech Inch., stopped all operations. It’s unclear why.
The tests are:
- One Step Pregnancy Test
- DiagnosUS One Step Ovulation Test
- HealthyWiser UriTest 10 Parameter Reagent Test Strips for Urinalysis
- HealthyWiser UriTest UTI Test Strips
- HealthyWiser KetoFast Ketone Test Strips
- HealthyWiser pH-Aware pH Test Strips
- To Life hCG Pregnancy Urine Test
- Am I Pregnant Pregnancy Midstream Test
- DeTec hCG Pregnancy Urine Test
- PrestiBio Pregnancy Strips
- PrestiBio Rapid Detection Pregnancy Test Midstream
- PrestiBio Ovulation Strips
- PrestiBio Urinalysis Test Strip 10 Parameters
- PrestiBio Ketone Test Strips
- PrestiBio Breast Milk Alcohol Test Strips
- These tests have been solid online by AC&C Distribution, LLC., HealthyWiser, Home Health US Inc. and Prestige Biotech Inc.
Officials say the tests were distributed under the brand names of those distributors, but may have not identified UMI as the manufacturer.