FDNY: House fire in Van Nest leaves multiple residents homeless

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

News 12 Staff

and Samantha Chaney

May 8, 2024, 4:53 PM

Updated 17 days ago

Share:

A fire inside a Van Nest home Wednesday morning left a number of Bronx residents without a place to call home, fire officials say.
The FDNY says the flames broke out inside the multifamily house at 1828 Hunt Ave. around 8 a.m.
"I saw the smoke coming from behind the bed," said Alston Lawrence, a resident of the multi-family home. "So, I tried to pull it out and bring it outside, but I couldn't do nothing."
The FDNY says no one was injured in the fire.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.


More from News 12