Fire marshals: Fires at Montefiore, NYC Health + Hospitals were accidental
Fire marshals say the causes of the three separate fires Friday at Montefiore Medical Center and NYC Health + Hospitals North Central Bronx Campus were all accidental.
They say the fires were caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette, a car engine issue and an electrical problem dealing with an oil-filtering pump.
Officials say one fire occurred at the Montefiore Moses Campus and the other two were on the NYC Health + Hospitals North Central Bronx Campus.
No injuries were reported. The fires were put out quickly.
The hospital did not have to be evacuated so patients inside were not disrupted.