Fire safety tips to know if you have a loved one in a senior care facility
Having a family member in a senior care facility can be stressful. News 12 wants to share some ways you can be proactive in your loved one’s safety.
Some questions the National Fire Protection Association would like you to consider are:
- Is the building well maintained?
- Does it have a regularly practiced evaluation plan?
- Does the staff know that evacuation plan?
- Are there smoke detectors, sprinklers and emergency exits?
- Is there enough staff per resident?
News 12’s Anthony Carlo breaks down why the association says there should be an agreed upon “code word” and other recommended steps.