Cuomo: NYC reports zero COVID-19 deaths for 1st time since March as 10 more states are added to quarantine list

For the first time since the coronavirus pandemic began back in March, zero COVID-19-related deaths have been reported in New York City.

News 12 Staff

Jul 22, 2020, 10:13 AM

Updated 1,401 days ago

Share:

For the first time since the coronavirus pandemic began back in March, zero COVID-19-related deaths have been reported in New York City.
The news coming as 10 more states were added to the quarantine restriction list, which means if someone is traveling to New York from those states they will need to self-quarantine for two weeks.
The newly added states are Alaska, Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Virginia and Washington.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday that there were two COVID-19 related deaths in New York state, one in Albany County and one in Suffolk County, with no deaths in New York City.
He said these are the lowest numbers since start of the pandemic. Some, however, are now questioning if these numbers could change.
On Saturday, July 11, the mayor announced that there had been no new coronavirus deaths in the city since the pandemic, but a few days later the NYC Health Department updated the data on its website to say that 13 New Yorkers died.
Gov. Cuomo says while today's numbers are encouraging everyone must remain vigilant by continuing to social distance and wearing a mask when unable to.


More from News 12