Donation drive underway for families affected by Hull Avenue fire
Members of the Norwood community are rallying behind their neighbors who were displaced by a fire just before the Thanksgiving holiday.
As News 12 has reported, a four-alarm fire ripped through three buildings on Hull Avenue last Tuesday. Fire officials say the flames were sparked by an unattended candle. Seven families were displaced by the fire.
Community Board 7 and state Assemblywoman Nathalia Fernandez are now kicking off a donation drive to help those who lost everything in the flames.
They are looking for clothes, shoes and gift cards for the families who have been displaced.
The board will be accepting the items through Friday at its location on East 204th Street.