Gas leak impacts ConEd customers across multiple Mott Haven buildings
A gas leak impacted several Con Edison customers early Saturday morning in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx.
The FDNY says firefighters responded to 164 St. Ann’s Ave. for a gas leak at around 3:05 a.m. They say the building was temporarily evacuated and that the gas line was accidentally ruptured due to human error.
Con Edison says it shut off the gas in the area due to damage, ultimately affecting cooking gas usage for 122 customers and heat and hot water in nine other buildings.
No injuries have been reported due to the gas leak.
Con Edison says it is working to restore services for residents in the area.