Mayor says NYC re-examining plans to restart indoor dining

Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a tweet on Monday that New York City will reevaluate its plans for indoor dining.

News 12 Staff

Jun 29, 2020, 9:11 PM

Updated 1,429 days ago

Share:

Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a tweet on Monday that New York City will reevaluate its plans for indoor dining. 
The mayor says the country has seen COVID-19 outbreaks in other states linked to indoor bars and restaurants.
He also stated that the city has come too far to throw away the progress made so far since the coronavirus pandemic started.
"Indoor dining has shown that it has been problematic. That a virus spreads in closed, indoor areas that have air conditioned systems. We know that indoor dining has been problematic. Outdoor dining has worked very well all across the state, New York City included. The state's going to be reviewing the data and consulting with stakeholders in New York City,” said Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
Gov. Cuomo says the state will have a final decision by Wednesday, so business owners can know what to expect. 
He says the goal is to move forward with reopening, without having to stop because of rising infections.
 
 


More from News 12