Leaky ceiling causes unsafe living conditions for 90-year-old woman
A 90-year-old woman from the Bronx says her apartment has had a leaky ceiling for over a year.
Santa Flores says she has lived in at the Glebe Avenue Senior Center for over 25 years and in the last two years it has fallen apart.
Flores says she has buckets and towels lining the floors and windows due to non-stop leaking. She says the water has left her apartment covered in mold for months at a times.
News 12 is told her family has made multiple complaints and NYCHA even opened the roof at one point to address the issue which only provided a temporary fix. Her family says they believe the upstairs neighbors radiator may be the cause behind Flores's drenched floors.
A NYCHA repairman did come to the apartment and is currently addressing the leaks in Flores’ apartment.